As part of Elite’s product range we also offer a range of innovative GRP Trench Covers. These glass reinforced plastic trench covers provide safe access for pedestrians during remedial and new groundwork projects, where the areas of work impinge on footpaths and pedestrian areas.
Our range of GRP Trench Covers and specifically designed to match the needs of construction and street work contractors, they are all compliant with DETR Safety at Streetworks and Roadworks Code of Practice, BS EN 124 and Safe Working Practices.
The design of our Trench Covers maximises visibility in low light or poor weather conditions whilst minimising the risk of slips, trips or falls. Incorporating a non-slip leading edge and a unique non-slip traction surface, our GRP Trench Covers are a vital consideration in streetworks projects. They are substantially lighter than steel covers and stronger than wooden sheets, making GRP Trench Covers ideally suited to cover apertures, bores or trenches during utility excavations, cabling and maintenance projects.
Our GRP Trench Covers come in two size options to cover apertures, bores and trenches up to a maximum of 70mm or 900mm. Easily installed by a two man team with no specialist equipment required, pre-pressed 25mm ‘knock out’ anchor points at each corner enable the plates to be secured safely to roads or pathways by fixing pins.
Key Features and Technical Details
- Size: 1200mm x 800mm or 1600mm x 1200mm
- Weight: 12.2kg, 29kg
- Safe Working Load: 500kg
- Non-slip leading edge and unique traction surface greatly reduces slips, trips and falls
- Ideally suited to cover apertures, bores or trenches during construction or repair work for utility excavations, cabling and maintenance projects
- ISO9001 accredited quality control
- Pre-pressed ‘knock out’ anchor points at each corner to enable the fixing into position
- Tough and durable construction with strengthened ribbed underside
- Substantially lighter than steel covers
- Substantially stronger than wooden sheets
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Reduced risk of theft – no scrap value
- Easy to install, maximum of two man lift and no specialist equipment needed
- DETR Safety at Streetworks and Roadworks Code of Practice Compliant