With their unique and innovative design features, our Heavy Duty Roadway Panels are fast becoming the temporary and portable road mat of choice for key industries globally.
Its become clear that over the last 5-6 years there’s been a growing demand for new and innovative roadway products, Old alternative materials such as wood or steel are often heavy and cumbersome which makes them difficult to install, and costly to transport, other material such as aluminium also have major problems with theft from site.
The growing demand from contractors is the use of heavy duty composite roadway panels, negating any possible theft issues and are easier and safer to transport and install. Designed in the UK and manufactured in Europe, it’s manufactured as a solid one piece mat, utilising a unique compression moulded production process to provide support for loads up to 160 tonnes. Elite GSS Ltd understands
that effective and safe vehicle traction is a key issue in every temporary access job and fundamental to the health and safety of onsite personnel.
Designed with safety in mind, our Heavy Duty Roadway Panels incorporate a dual grip design featuring a unique non-slip traction surface and a reversible low profile traction surface both incorporating micro traction to further increase grip. This broken pattern of rugged nubs, substantially improves the grip and mud dispersal during forward motion of vehicles or plant and reduces side way slippage, even in the most challenging weather or ground conditions.
The low profile traction surface is pedestrian friendly for applications where personnel will be the main user or in the deployment as working pads, drilling rigs and depot or storage areas. We can also apply reflective markings for safety in low visibility or night conditions as an option. We offer a variety of connection methods to suit varying ground conditions and applications to create roadways or provide safe and robust work pads, crane operating areas for both construction and outdoor event companies.
Key Features and Technical Details
- Sizes: 3m x 2.5m x 40mm – Other sizes available
- Weight: 295kg
- Maximum weight loading: 160 tonnes – Dependent on ground conditions
- Material – High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Unique ‘non-slip’ surface for optimal grip in all weather conditions
- Low profile surface option for pedestrian walk ways and outdoor events
- Avoids health and safety issues
- Avoids property, heritage and environmental damage and reinstatement
- Avoids vehicles becoming bogged down and saves valuable time and money
- Low transportation and handling costs compared to alternative materials
- Various connection options for different ground conditions and equipment