The Platform Edge Protection Barrier is a system specifically designed for railway platforms, eliminating the risk of falling from platforms and coming into conflict with a moving plant or train whilst working in a railway environment. The barrier enables a much safer working environment and reduces the potential risk of injuries on and around the platform.
With the growth in passenger numbers expected to rise, it means that the UK’s railways infrastructure will need to deliver major investment programmes in railway protection safety. This is where our unique and innovative Platform Edge Barrier is beneficial, the system reduces plant/person interference and fall prevention risk with maintenance works on railway station platforms.
Made from Pultruded glass reinforced plastic, Platform Edge Protection offers more advantages in comparison to metallic alternatives. This is because of it’s non-conductive properties, resistance to corrosion, high tensile strength, high impact resistance and lightweight nature compared to steel equivalents. These factors eliminate the need for bonding when working in an electric railway environment.
The barrier provides enough strength to the lateral force of someone falling against it and onto the tracks therefore preventing serious injury and even death.
Specifications and Key Features:
- Size: Each pole is 2.4m
- Material: Pultruded Glass Reinforced Plastic – Non Conductive
- Comes with clamp and chain pins
- More beneficial than steel equivalents – no need for bonding when working in electric railway environment.
- Eliminated plant and person interference
- Lightweight, easy to transport and install
- Extensive life span
- Approved and tested to European Standards
- Manufactured in hi-visibility yellow